Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Comic Stooge Who Got The Girl

I guess I don't follow pop culture news quite as closely as I should, but I must admit I was startled to learn, when reading Tom Poston's obituary in today's New York Times, that Poston, who played the bumbling, witless sidekick to the leading man in one of Bob Newhart's sitcoms, had been married since 2001 to Suzanne Pleshette, who played the glamorous, sexy wife of the leading man in one of Bob Newhart's other sitcoms. What's more, they had an affair beginning in 1959 ("though they later married others," as the paper of record duly notes). What's the next disturbing revelation? Will I open the newspaper tomorrow to discover that Mary Tyler Moore bore the love children of Morey Amsterdam?

Tags: , ,
AddThis Social Bookmark Button



"Infused with entrepreneurial spirit and the excitement of a worthy challenge."--Publishers Weekly

Read more . . .

 


What do GE, Pepsi, and Toyota know that Exxon, Wal-Mart, and Hershey don't?  It's sustainability . . . the business secret of the twenty-first century.

Read more . . .