Sunday, May 11, 2008

Back In The Blogosphere, And What Happened

Over a month since I last posted! It's a disgrace, for which I offer my abject apologies. As an explanation, not an excuse, I'll mention that I've been dedicating most of my blogging time in recent weeks to my work at The Triple Bottom Line, the blog I write with Andy Savitz about sustainable business--how some companies are actually trying to do the right thing by the environment and society as well as by their stockholders. (You might find a few of our posts there interesting. If you're curious, check out this one, this one, and this one, for starters.)

I've also been rather swamped at my day job, including (to the shock of some of my family members) an intensive period of work with none other than Scott McClellan, the former Bush administration press secretary, who has written this book about his experiences in the White House.

Don't worry, I haven't gone over to the dark side. If anything, Scott has worked himself halfway over to our side. What Happened mainly deals with his sense of dismay as he gradually realized that an administration he thought was dedicated to openness, honesty, and civility was actually just as political, deceptive, and manipulative as "the bad guys" they campaigned against--if not more so.

I've been sworn to secrecy about the details by Scott's publishers, my friends at Public Affairs. To learn more, you'll have to wait until the official publication date, June 2nd. I'm curious about the reaction the book will receive, especially from conservative commentators and critics. (And I know Scott is also very curious, if not anxious; it requires some cojones to take a principled stand in opposition to your former friends and colleagues, especially in today's ultra-politicized Washington.)

I promise to do a better job of keeping in touch with you all in the days ahead.

Labels: , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button



"Infused with entrepreneurial spirit and the excitement of a worthy challenge."--Publishers Weekly

Read more . . .

 


What do GE, Pepsi, and Toyota know that Exxon, Wal-Mart, and Hershey don't?  It's sustainability . . . the business secret of the twenty-first century.

Read more . . .